IKAR 50m Controlled Descent Device, Aluminium Housing, Kernmantle Rope Lifeline with Triple Action Hooks
Controlled Descent Device with a 10.0m x 10mm kernmantle rope lifeline running through an aluminium cast housing to EN341
This aluminium housed controlled descent device is a sturdy, low maintenance device fitted with a 10mm kernmantle rope lifeline, terminated with aluminium double action hooks at both ends. The attachment anchorage point on the controlled descent device is a cast swivel eye ø16mm, suitable for connection via a Standard Karabiner type connector, or a Standard Karabiner type connector with an Anchorage Sling.
This controlled descent device has an automatic speed regulator. The brake controlled by centrifugal forces, keeps the speed of the device constant during the descent.
Product Code ABS3W50
Controlled descent device is designed and tested for single person use.
- 10mm kernmantle rope lifeline running through an aluminium housing
- Descent Rate: 0.9m/sec
- Swivel eye anchor attachment point - ø16mm
- Aluminium double action hooks at both ends of the lifeline
The dimensions of this device are: 160 x 90 x 70 mm.
The weight (approx) 4.7kg
This abseiling device has an automatic speed regulation. The brake controlled by centrifugal forces keeps the speed of the device constant during the entire abseiling process and enables a rapid and safe rescue. The Abseiling speed can be regulated by the rescuer on the opposite rope.
- High functional safety
- Innovative construction, corrosion-resistant
- Resistant to damp, heat, cold
- Optional load fastening variants (e.g. tube hook rotational hook)
- Abseiling speed approx. 0.9 m/sec.
- For abseiling heights up to 150 m
- Available from stock in 20 and 40mtr drop lengths. Longer lengths available.
- Compact, stable size
- Extremely low own weight
- Does not cause undue wear or damage to the rope
- Tested for one person
- Rope delivered with a bag
Application areas for abseiling devices:
- Rescuing passengers from cable cars
- For driver cabs in cranes and shelf operating devices which do not have emergency descent exits
- For workplaces at altitude in the chemical industry
- For working on high-voltage pylons
- On telecommunications towers and masts
- Wind turbine generators
- In the chemical and petrochemical industry